Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thumbs Up


Happy 2011!!!!

I've got a notebook called "100 Things to Do in My Life" - it has 61 things in it, but that's okay because I can still add to it.

Number 19 is "Host Fabulous Parties." I've put this off for some time because I live in an apartment and thought it would be too small for a fabulous party. But if I learned anything in 2011 it's that life it too short, so I decided to have a small fabulous party. I'd make pulled pork, baked beans, macaroni and cheese and cola cake! I was so excited!!!

I got up early on New Year's Eve, went shopping and cleaned most of the day. Yesterdy (New Year's Day), I got up early to put the finishing touches on the party set up. I had a timeline all mapped out in my head. 12:00 the pork was going in the oven. Well, the best laid plans . . .

I had to run to the store for more paprika for the rub, so I was off to a late start. It was fine though, because I knew this would be good pork!!!! I got the rub mixed, got the cutting board out, started cutting the fat off and sliced right across my thumb!!!!!

So many people told me it was a horrible way to start my year, but all I could do was laugh! Rub and blood!!!! I did manage to get the rub on the pork and the pork in the oven. And I am very thankful for my friend Patrica who came over to sit with the pork and straighten up while I was at Primacare.

In the end, things turned out fabulously!!!! And if this is the worst thing that happens to my in 2011 then it will be a great year!!!!

So Thumbs Up to 2011!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment