Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Girlfriends are the Best!!!!



For years I was "just one of the guys." I spent the best part of my college years playing fooseball and pool and drinking beer with the guys. Those were the best years of my life.


Tonight though I am thankful for my girlfriends. It was a sucky day. Things didn't go the way I planned and I was mad about that. Unfortunately for my friend Laura, she called right in the middle of my personal stewing and was dealt the brunt of my frustration (it had nothing to do with her).


Even though I was not on my planned schedule I did follow through with one of my plans and went to the gym. After a great workout, I called Laura and apologized for lashing out at her. She's so good, because she said "Oh I didn't think you did that at all." We then talked for thirty more minutes about "stuff" and realized that we're really pretty normal.


After eating dinner, I saw some interesting information on Facebook. I knew I had to call my friend Deanna to confirm what I read. (Deanna and I worked together for two years, and she's one of the best teachers I know.) I talked and laughed with her for half an hour too, as she shared insights about her "normal" family and the invention of the "cup," among other things.


Then my friend Pam called from Colorado. We had a great time gossiping and solving "the world's" problems. If we ran the world, everything would be A-okay! But we really don't want to run the world we're just happy being cogs in the machine.

It is because of these three friends that my day has done a complete 180. I am so thankful that I have them and others who will listen to me bitch, laugh with me and tell me where the best pizza in the world is. I love my guy friends, but they would have been done the minute I started bitching and would never have lasted 30 minutes on the phone.

Now girls - who wants to play fooseball?

1 comment:

  1. You're on......but fair warning I'm a bit competive......(like you didn't already know that :)

    ReplyDelete